Community Favorites

Sunday, April 8, 2018

Spring Mornings ~ Pip Challenge 1814


When the kids were little we had an old farm house on 5 acres in the rolling hills of the Palouse.  We had the only trees for miles, surrounded as we were by wheat fields. A beautiful old Beech had grown up through our patio, shading an upstairs bedroom.  Oh it was lovely, throwing dappled shadows across the bricks below and casting the bedroom into a shimmering shade in the heat of the day.  

That's what this lovely digital stamp "Winnie at the Window" reminds me of.  It just so happens to be made by Polkadoodles who is sponsoring this weeks PIP Challenge Blog #1814~anything goes! In fact Polkadoodles is also awarding our PIP Challenge winner 3 digis of their choice!!  Winnie is just one of many lovely creations you'll find at their site.(the underlined are quick links for your convience!!)

Polkadoodles Ltd
Since I most enjoy using my watercolor brush markers for coloring I printed this image out on watercolor paper.  I carefully painted it being especially cautious of the lines.  I could've sprayed it with workable fixative to be 100% sure the printer ink would not bleed, but I'm not always happy with the way watercolors move across it; so today I took my chances. Winnie is layered on top of 2 pieces of ridinghood red paper, the smaller is embossed with a brick pattern and then rubbed with brick colored ink for added texture.  
             Here is the image without added embellishments. I think she is so pretty!!  In the future I will either make the card a lot bigger or find a smaller branch die because the card was a little overwhelmed by the leaves and branches!

          

It was also really fun adding in the bird house ~ simply tied to a branch & left to dangle.   A few little flower die cuts centered with Nuvo crystal drops in black and deep purple. 

I have several ideas for the sentiment.  There are some great ones out there.  I like the ones that mention friends, gardens, nature and birds for this one. Unity Stamp Co has one that mentions "Bird Chirping Weather" and "Hello Tweet Friend", "be my bird", "enjoy the simple things.." 

I'm just waiting until I find the right person and occasion and I will stamp the sentiment & send it off!! 

Once again, I'm looking forward to seeing your beautiful creations! 

Remember, Anything Goes!!

If you can use any Polkadoodles images it would be a great way of thanking them for sponsoring our challenge!!

Hope you have a beautiful, bird chirping week 🐦


1 comment:

  1. I loved this before I read your write up. Now I really, really love it. The bird house really is the icing to the card. Reminds me of simpler times, when I was young, not just young at heart. Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.