Community Favorites

Monday, April 9, 2018

"Hello!"

Good Morning!!  I hope that as the sunshine is finding you and warming your heart if not your bones this chilly but gorgeous time of year.  I am so excited for the fresh light of Spring that I find myself hooked on a color theme build around icy coral and gleaming gold!! Birds are another herald of Spring here in the snowy mountains of the Pacific NW so I love using them prolifically as well!!

Today's card was inspired by the negative space left behind after die cutting the "hello" for a number of other cards.  I love the look of the see through & thought why not three; the number of completeness!  I am saying hello in the most happily complete way possible!!!



After cutting my panel I covered most of the back with dimensional adhesive, I didn't want any "sagging" spots. (esp since this is going through the US mail!!)

For the little bird accents I used matching coral paper dipping & heating each in embossing powder 3 times to get a nice coating - like enamel.  From there it is a simple matter of layering it up and adding some gleaming gold "washi".

I think this card is pretty Clean And Simple! Fresh and new like Spring!!!!


PS - the robins are talking in the bare apple tree!  Despite the snow on the deck every morning I think Spring really is on its way!




Looking for a great challenge blog?  I have linked this post to "The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge on Facebook" AND Power Poppy - the blog By Marcella Hawley!!  Check 'em out!


2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.