Community Favorites

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Galaxy Backgrounds and Winter's Cold

If you're anything like me, YOU LOVE THE GALAXY BACKGROUNDS!!!  Oh my, they are so pretty and forgiving!!  You can add nearly any colors, do any depth of darkness and once you spatter it with a few water droplets and some white (I used white out for these) it's gorgeous!!  I decided to make a giant sheet of galaxy and then cut out sections as I needed them ~ a real time saver :)

I have found that I have a fixation with the night sky.  I've done it a lot of ways, swirls, lace etc.  I thought the galaxy made the snow scene look even more chilly so that's the way I set it up, a little barren to lend more focus on the feeling rather than the content.  I had lot of fun doing several of these; some turned out better than others. Here are a couple for your perusal, I hope you enjoy.

The above card is a sample of recycle.  The words were on the bottom of a mailer I received and saved for something just like this!!!  I cut it down to size and added the stitched border with a die from Avry Elle.


Don't forget, if  you'd like a closer look just click the images


I love dressing the back too!!
For the second card the only rubber stamp used was the sentiment from Unity Stamp Co. Proof that you don't need a ton of images if you have some great sentiments!!


Thanks for visiting!!  I hope you're finding great ways to stay warm and maybe even a little time for crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.