Community Favorites

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

A Cup of WarmThanks



Two of my favorite elements ~ embossed plastic and the galaxy background!! 
I was really excited to see how this combination would turn out
& I love it!!! 
I used the wonderful, steamy, sweater wrapped mug from Unity Stamp Company's KOM 9/15 Our Hearts to Yours with one of their many great sentiments stamped on vellum.  
Admittedly, I wanted to keep the card front clean so I could most enjoy my new layering idea!!!  I water colored and fussy cut the image & embossed the sentiment onto vellum.  I also tried it on paper to see how I'd like it but I felt it was too "heavy".  I did wind up fussy cutting the paper sentiment though and adding it to the back of the vellum for more of a color pop.


If you like the look of this combination it is easy to achieve.  The plastic is recycled product packaging that has been embossed just like you would paper!  It's  attached it to the background using small eyelets!!  That eliminates the problem of visible adhesive and looks great!!

For an easy Galaxy tutorial go HERE

Stay Cozy my friend & have a  great new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.