Community Favorites

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Jar Labels



Recently I've decided to start keeping all of my bulk kitchen items in glass jars, Mostly Ball Jars, but I also keep my eyes out for interesting glass jars, I tend to lean towards the tall skinny types.  I just think that they look neat!!!

I decided to make my own labels for the jars after I got 2 similar spices mixed up!!!  Plus it was just plain fun for me to get out my dies and inks ;) My dear friend, who I can attribute my appreciation for all things rustic, saw them and wanted a set for herself.  I made them to match the colors in her 1950's kitchen.  



I thought it would be fun to share what I did with you and I would love to hear if you have ideas or have done something similar and how you did it :)

   I started with 2 die cut shapes that I liked when layered and stamped them with herbal/classic images that I thought went well in a rustic or traditional flavor!  To further the antique look I used tea stain ink from Stampin' Up! and gently rubbed the edges. 


Extra points if you can figure
what spice will go behind this label!
   Once again, after choosing a font to die cut I aged the letters with the tea stain ink.






   It is important to gently bend and curve the labels to conform to the shape of your jars.  If they dry flat after being glued together it is really difficult to make them stick to a glass or plastic jar - they resist the flexing & want to pop off.


            
                                   
Cris sent me photos of how they looked on her awesome jar collection.  I knew you'd want me to share them with you!!


                         
                                         My kitchen is more browns, burgundy and green. After making Cris hers, I'm thinking I like the beautiful brightness of the turquoise and red. . . .hmmm, maybe I'll be blogging a kitchen color overhaul next!




Products used: Tim Holtz Upon a Time letter die, Framelits dies from Apothecary Accents, Stampin' Up! stamps~ Flora & Fauna, Rue Des Fleurs, Notably Ornate

2 comments:

  1. I love it, and I love the old fashion look of the labels, you very creative! hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks Anita! It's a fun way to keep "sunshine" in the kitchen, even when it's a wreck!!!!!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.