Community Favorites

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Missing You Card for PIP Challenges #1720


Hello & Welcome to PIP Challenge Design Team Member (that's me!!)

INSPIRATION CARD!

This Week our challenge sponsor is Bugaboo Stamps! They always offer such generous prizes and they also provided me with this adorable digital image!!



I can think of so many ways to use this image but I really loved the missing you aspect because of the pretty little home scene!  To make my sentiment I just chose a font in "Word" and sized it to fit my image, printed it with enough space to do the die cutting I'd planned and - tada!! - all done!

A friendly reminder: I sprayed this with workable fixative before I started coloring. Last time I tried hair spray and although it worked I can tell you I like the way colors move on the fixative better. I used a marker to draw in the wall paper lines and the color went on smooth & soft.  I tried this again on a stamped card (so no need for fixative) and the marker left overlap marks and was much more intense - not the look I was going for so the Workable Fixatif might be fun to use on other projects as well :)

I used this die to cut the label shapes (check it out on Amazon - AMAZING price!!) and embossed coral paper with a Sizzix embossing folder.
https://www.mftstamps.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Nuvo+jewel+drops








https://www.mftstamps.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=NUVO+glitter+dropsThe really fun part? Figuring out where to use some Nuvo Drops!! The purple- Nuvo Glitter Drops in Purple Rain- and the orange - something brand new Nuvo JEWEL Drops in Orange Marmalade.  Wowzers!! These are so pretty I wanted to put them everywhere!! The jewel drops are kinda see through and the colors are amazing :)

 
Hopefully you're feeling inspired and I look forward to seeing your entry in this weeks PIP Challenge!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Okay, this is how my house should look since I am owned by 2 kitties. Such a sweet sentiment to go with the scene. Pretty sure my cats are only wondering if I will remember to feed them.
    I have to say I learned something new - never knew you could you fixative with markers. Always thought was only for chalk and pencil. Adding that and some of those Nuvo drops to my "needed" tools list. After all, everyone deserves some sparkle in life. Seriously love this card, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Birdie!! I am new to fixative so I didn't even know I was using it unconventionally!!! I think that's too funny!! Hope your weekend is great ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.