Community Favorites

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Birds and Bokeh

Good morning!  I love this time of year when the morning air is still cool but you can sleep with the windows open all night!!  The birds are my alarm clock and the morning light is the most beautiful of the day!

That's what has inspired this card.  I made the background to mimic an out of focus rose bush with splotches of smeared distress inks and then I used my circle dies to make stencils and Versamarked them in -  embossing the damp ink with clear powder. 

To me it looks just like the bokeh of sunshine on dew in the early morning :) 

I wanted the whole thing to stay "airy" so when I cut the frame I kept it hollow, & added some other die cuts - birds, greenery - a label stamped with leaves and a great sentiment (an oldie from Stampin' Up!)

To give it just a little more of a delicate look I decided to add another frame behind the first.  This die cut is from Poppystamps "Bailiwick Background" & has delicate vines twining around in it. 
Inside the card, antiqued the edges and added a strip of
ribbon that matches the "flavor" & colors of the card
 




Ahhh... so fresh and pretty ~ hope you all get a chance to enjoy the beautiful mornings before the full heat of Summer hits!! 

'The flowers have already appeared in the land; The time has arrived for pruning the vines, And the voice of the turtledove has been heard in our land.


  


Places where I have shared this project:  POWER POPPY by Marcella Hawley May Challenge

1 comment:

  1. This is SO COOL!!! Love how you've created your frame and all the detailing!! Thanks for playing in the Power and Spark challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.