Community Favorites

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Perrr-fect Country Greetings & PIP Challenge #1718

Welcome to another PIP Challenge - #1718 !!

As always the theme is anything goes ! Our sponsor is MHK Designs and all you have to do is go to the PIP Challenge Page and link up your current project image :)  MHK has generously provided the images for this week's challenge inspirations and they are giving our winner free images too!!
I am a farm girl and I just fell in love with this vintage image! It & the sentiment are perfect for my dear friend whom I don't get to see much, so next best thing . . . happy mail :)

   
I am new to digital stamping so I thought I would share some of the things I like best about it.  It is really pretty amazing how you can make an image whatever size you'd like.  For this card I set out purposefully to combine several images and on different scales.  I wrote notes on the photos so just CLICK ON THEM TO ENLARGE FOR EASIER READING if your interested.  The program I use is outdated, but I can really do a lot with it. I'm sure there are even more options with newer programs, so you'll have lots of fun exploring that!!

CHALK :)
I used a couple of uncommon elements - extra wide gold crepe paper under the image and also in the flower, paired with tulle.  The green pattern paper is actually a napkin from a friends shower. (I love this color ~ I wish I could've taken a stack of them!!!)

 








I had a little fun with the back of the card instead of the traditional open close card. I die cut the edge of a triangle and put it down as a pocket, then inserted a note card. I'm frugal & I thought if Cris wants to re-gift it, this way she could. {{ I hate the thought of homemade cards getting thrown away!!! }}







4 comments:

  1. Wendy, I just love reading all the info you provide. Love the image and your card (which I would have made off with more than one napkin - excuse, are you using that? No? Well, thanks so much then type of conversation. :} ) Might have steal your idea for the back of the card, genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great digi tutorial! I've learned again! lol. Your card turned out amazing too! It's awesome, Wendy!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are always awesome!!! I love the colors and creativity you use. your embellishments always wonderful and perfect and your tutorials are so east to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies :) & yes Birdie!! I did think of trying to get away with more of them but we had really messy treats and would you believe every napkin was all sticky!!! I stuck mine in my purse & went without the stickier snacks!!!!! (the things we'll resort to in the name of crafting!!!!!) Have a great week all <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.