Community Favorites

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Reduce Reuse Recycle :)



Today I thought I would share with you how I build a simple card.  I like to reuse stuff that would other wise be thrown away, I find that to be a lot cheaper too!!  Here's what I did: 

Another quick & beautiful option!!
On this one I was excited to be using the wonderful white side of some MFT packaging.  The weight and texture of this paper is pretty close to the card stock I usually use for cards, it is definitely not cardboard. If it were I would've saved it for building a box, embellishment or something else :)

I'll use the pink
another time!
  I also decided that I liked the pink stripes at the top so since I have several of these MFT labels I decided to slice off that part and keep for another project!

You can see that I chose a simple color palette and stamped these pears from Unity Stamp Co. randomly on the white part of the card.  Using accent papers the same colors as  the ink makes it quick and easy. 
A slice from the pears
+ sentiment = beautiful
quick & easy!!
  For the background any of the ink colors used would've worked. Blue, light blue, lime green and soft yellow. 

I could've easily stopped there and added a sentiment but I decided I wanted to texture the background paper.  I also thought a monochromatic pop of color would be nice so I inked the de-bossed side of the embossing folder in the same green. 
Once again that would have been enough for a beautiful card, but I decided to set off the stamped image with a dark blue mat. 


  I wrapped a  double line of pale yellow bakers twine around the pears image, added a bow, and decided to use the lighter blue paper  with a heavier font for the sentiment -- {deciding that the dark thin sentiment got a little lost}.  I rubbed the "thanks" sentiment with a little ink a shade darker than the cardstock to make it stand out more and added dimensional tape before adhering it to the card.

          
Ta-Da!! As easy & simple as the card maker chooses!!           







Here are some additional picts with prompts. CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM   If you've  been wanting to try card-making for yourself I hope this simple tutorial helps alleviate some of they fears you might have had!  Please let me know if this was helpful and what other information you would like to see here in the future. 


Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! If you would like to place an order please leave your comment here or PM me on Facebook.com Wendy Falk. I'll get back to you ASAP.